21/01/2020 - EFRAG Advisory Panel on Intangibles: Call for candidates
How does an entity create, maintain and enhance value? What information about intangibles do investors need but cannot find in the financial statements?
How could an entity improve the information provided to investors about how it creates, maintains or enhances value?
- Is it confusing that acquired intangibles are recognised on the statement of financial position whilst the non-acquired intangibles are not?
- Should internally generated intangibles be recognised in the statement of financial position?
- Would a statement of core intangibles measured at fair value in the notes be useful? To what extent is this usefulness impacted by the embedded assumptions, potential management bias, lack of independent challenge and inconsistencies across businesses?
- Should the cost of developing unrecognised intangible assets be separately disclosed?
- Would KPIs on core intangibles, following the business plan, and a link with financial performance measures be useful?
- What other information regarding intangibles could be useful?
The Advisory Panel will initially focus on the following sectors:
- Biotech, pharmaceuticals and health care equipment & supplies;
- Interactive media and software;
- Household products, personal products, textiles and apparel & luxury goods.
The first meeting is expected to take place on 27 March 2020 in EFRAG's offices.
To obtain more information about the Advisory Panel see the Terms of Reference that can be downloaded here.
If you require further information or have any questions about the project, please contact: email@example.com.