06/06/2017 - Better Communication: Seeing the wood for the trees: role of disclosures?
The European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG), the Lithuanian Ministry of Finance and the Lithuanian Authority of Audit, Accounting, Property Valuation and Insolvency Management (Authority) invite you to participate in a joint outreach event on the IASB Discussion Paper Disclosure Initiative - Principles of Disclosure on 5 September 2017.
The Disclosure Initiative is part of the IASB's work on Better Communication in Financial Reporting. The Discussion Paper (DP) suggests principles governing what, how and where information should be disclosed in the financial statements to improve the information provided to users of financial statements. The event also covers areas involving disclosures under IFRS currently being considered by the IASB in other projects.
The event introduces the main elements of the Discussion Paper and seeks input on the following issues:
- What are the main causes of the 'disclosure problem'?
- Can principles make communication more effective?
- What is the impact of cross-referencing IFRS information outside the financial statements?
- How can disclosure of accounting policies be made more relevant?
- Will centralised objectives in a single disclosure standard help entities to make their disclosures more effective?
- How important is the application of materiality when deciding what and how to disclose information?
- What do you think works and does not work in relation to disclosures about fair value measurement?
The IASB will participate in the event.
Please see the full save the date and information to register (no later than 25 August 2017) here.
Registration for the event is on first come basis. The places for the event are limited. There is no charge for the participation and the language of the event will be English.